Recently introduced in the Pacific North West, Yi Ren® Qigong is helping Type-II diabetes patients live more healthful lives to include reduction, or even elimination, of medication.
A study conducted at Bastyr University confirms that blood sugar levels can be reduced with Yi-Ren Qigong self-care practice.
Tacoma Metro Parks STAR Center is Hosting
Freedom from Type-II Diabetes
12-wk series of weekly
Freedom From Type-II Diabetes Classes
begins Monday, May 1, 2017…6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Class is suitable for all adults including:
- individuals diagnosed as Type-II Diabetic
- individuals diagnosed as “pre-diabetic”
- pro-active individuals who wish to pursue a preventative approach to diabetes, improve their health and/or reduces stress
- class exercises:
- consist primarily of meditations and breathing techniques all done with heightened self-awareness.
- can be done standing or sitting.
- David Sinclair, Certified Yi Ren® Qigong Instructor (10-years teaching experience)
Instructor contact information:
- 24-hr message phone: (253) 365-3692
- web contact form on this page (below)
IMPORTANT…currently the Metro Parks website is not fully functional regarding class activities and online registration.
Class activities are more accurately provided in the Metro Parks “GO-Guide”
Telephone Registration is suggested. Please contact the STAR Center and refer to: Freedom from Type-II Diabetes Class
- ph: (253) 404-3939
- alternate ph: (253) 305-1022
- email: StarCenter@tacomaparks.com
STAR Center Regular Hours:
Monday-Friday: 5 am-9 pm
Saturday: 7 am-8 pm
Sunday: 8 am-6 pm
STAR Center Location Map :